One Project is looking for a Relationships Specialist to join a new team that is working to cultivate strong, generative relationships and a dynamic ecosystem. Creating a strong culture of thoughtful and engaged relationships is central to One Project’s work and strategy, and this role will be integral to implementing this work, from both a relational and technical perspective. As a clear and effective communicator, you’ll bring an understanding of how to cultivate and strengthen relationships by providing a high degree of service and responsiveness. In this role, you’ll manage information and data related to relationships, which include partners, grantees, communities, advisors, and others. You will support the One Project team by keeping the big picture in mind while also paying attention to the details, including recording relevant information and next steps in our database, and ensuring timely follow-up and follow-through. Coordinating across the organization and working collaboratively with other teams including Community Engagement, Grantmaking, and Movement Building, you will help steward and ensure high quality, authentic relationships and interactions.
Who We Are:
One Project’s mission is to bring about a world that’s more equitable, ecological, and effective. We work in deep collaboration with communities to explore how the full wisdom of humanity can be applied to create a fairer, more abundant future. We are exploring practical solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges through economics and governance systems that can serve as an alternative to a world in crisis.
As both an operating non-profit and a giving foundation, One Project works with communities to co-create new systems and solutions, while also building support for people and organizations around the world working toward a shared vision of the, “the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible.”
Founded by Justin Rosenstein, whose tools have already changed the way billions of people collaborate, our team blends a values-driven, multi-perspectival and self-reflective ethic with the vision and ambition of some of the most innovative organizations of our time. We are bold enough to work on the largest problems but humble enough to know we must proceed with care, in deep collaboration with those we aim to serve.
Why are we called One Project? We hold a vision of a world in which humanity works together as one team, seeing ourselves not as rivalrous factions in a zero-sum game, but engaged cooperatively in the joint project of creating an ever-more-flourishing world. In the words of the Zapatistas, we envision, “un mundo donde quepan muchos mundos” — a world where many worlds fit.
Bringing this world about is the project we hope to share with all humanity, and we are eager to invite you to join in this work alongside us.
What You’ll Do:
- Support high touch relationship cultivation across the organization, ensuring relationships are tended to with care
- Manage and map projects and systems related to relationships, creating a dynamic, interconnected ecosystem over time
- Optimize team use of the CRM to facilitate excellent communication and relationship management
- Support CRM strategy and data management; track relationship information and data and provide timely and accurate reports and updates
- Serve as internal point of contact for relationship management data; create a feedback loop so that relationship information is shared and incorporated appropriately
- Craft and edit communications including correspondence, reports, and briefs
- Collaborate across One Project to support the planning and logistics of events and convenings
Who You Are:
You may be the candidate we’re looking for if you are genuinely enthusiastic about engaging with people and fostering meaningful connections. This role is an opportunity to integrate your active listening skills and intuition to connect and weave strong relationships across an emerging ecosystem.
While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the following reflects the ideal candidate profile:
- 5+ years working in a relationship management capacity (network engagement, grantee management, etc.); experience with progressive philanthropy and understanding of the intersection of identity/power/privilege with regards to philanthropy is a plus
- Track record of high touch, nuanced relationship management; demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with a range of external partners
- Experience working with CRM databases and an ability to use technology to facilitate relationship management
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proactivity, a commitment to high quality work and follow through
- A collaborative mindset with an ability to relate to others and develop strong relationships internally as well as externally
- Spanish language skills a plus
Working at One Project:
One Project strives to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people are empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to do their best work. Our goal is to build a team that reflects the world we live in and celebrates multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation and every idea deserves consideration and respect. We have an unwavering commitment to inclusion across educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
The starting salary for this role is $85,000. One Project offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits; our goal is for our compensation packages to attract the strongest candidates and to reflect our values.
How to Apply:
As part of the application process, we’re asking candidates to answer a few written questions in place of a cover letter. Your answers will help us get to know you better and hopefully give you a chance to better understand what we are looking for in candidates.
What You Can Expect from Our Hiring Process:
We are interested in engaging with a number of different people (candidates and connectors) as we conduct this search, and we will review applications on a rolling basis.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated confirmation. If you are selected for an interview, we aim to reach out to you within 2 weeks of submitting your application.
We strive to have an inclusive hiring process. We want to get to know you and may ask to review examples of your work in addition to inviting you to participate in interviews. We respect and value your time, and we will do our best to streamline the interviews while allowing you time to get to know our organization and team. Our process may include:
- An initial phone or video interview
- A second video interview with our Relationships team
- An interview assignment (candidates will be compensated for their time and work)
- Reference checks
Our goal is to build a team that reflects the world we live in and celebrates multiple approaches and points of view.
We seek One Project team members who bring:
Clear thinking and communication skills
Ability to work independently and efficiently
Creativity in problem solving and collaboration
Ability to integrate diverse cognitive styles and cultural backgrounds
Ability to create clarity and action from ambiguity
Interest and drive to grow in your position and the organization
A mind open to new ideas and ways of considering the world; curiosity about how to build a better system
Salary and Benefits
One Project offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits; we want our compensation packages to attract the strongest candidates and to reflect our values. Our benefits include:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
100% coverage for employee plans;
75% coverage for family plans (spouses, domestic partners, and dependents)
16 weeks of paid leave for the birth or adoption of a child
Unlimited Paid Time Off, 10 National (USA) Holidays, December holiday break, Sabbaticals
Retirement Plan and Match
403b Retirement Plan; One Project contributes a 50% match for up to 6% of salary for all employees
Flexible Work Environment
Work remotely; weekly no meeting days
Office Equipment, Wellness, and Professional Development Stipends
Apply for the role
Apply for this role if you think you'll be a good fit.
View all current opportunities
We're are constantly growing and building our team.