We’re thrilled to build a product team who, in collaboration with our partner communities and sense-making team, will design social systems that work for everyone, including technical, economic, governance, and cultural systems. Our first hires to this team will be responsible for determining its direction.
Team members will need a strong ability to learn, introspect, collaborate, put themselves in the shoes of others, think at multiple levels of abstraction, understand and articulate processes, and consider not only the immediate effects but also the emergent effects of designed systems. They’ll be using their experience, but also developing or adopting new methods within their disciplines that are more humane and values based.
The way we work will matter as much as what we produce, since we are innovating at every level. As a result, we don’t necessarily expect team members to fit conventional role descriptions perfectly; we welcome people who are interdisciplinary or who may not fit a traditional “product” mould.
If you have experience covering 3-4 of the following responsibilities, please apply:
- Facilitating team alignment around shared goals and requirements
- Ensuring strategic decisions are made about what the team will produce
- Ensuring team members are unblocked and logistically coordinated
- Ensuring support and safety for people-related logistics and operations
- Designing, creatively prototyping, and iterating on systems designs
- Coordination and community building with partner communities
- Designing collaboration and information gathering activities
- Synthesizing and interpreting results of collaboration and information gathering activities
- Designing and creating effective communication artifacts for designs and results
- Communication and coordination within OneProject
Traditional roles that cover some of these responsibilities include Executive Producer (e.g. of games), Product Manager, Program Manager, Systems Designer, Game Designer, Product Designer, User Researcher, Design Manager, and Community Engagement Lead. There are likely others, so we encourage you to look at the responsibilities, decide whether your experience matches three or more of them, and apply.
Why join our team?
Are you purpose-driven, passionate, committed to collaboration and playing an active role in building a positive future? Join our growing team of social innovators, technologists, scholars, community leaders, organizational development experts, and strategic thinkers to build a world where all life thrives.
One Project is committed to building a team that reflects the world we live in. Our goal is to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. We are a global organization with team members working remotely across the world.
As a member of One Project you will work in a supportive environment where every idea deserves consideration and respect. You will also receive a competitive salary and generous benefits including full medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage.