One Project is looking for an experienced project manager to take ownership of tracking the projects that make up a complex, collaborative and ambitious mission. The Project Manager will to oversee timelines and delivery of milestones determined by a One Project designed project management system. The project manager will join a culture that is open to change, where contexts and needs may vary from one moment to another. The PM will work within a sociocratic work environment to coordinate the efficient and steady progress of strategic thinkers who seek to enhance governance and economic development through the application of humanistically designed strategies and technology.
The ideal candidate will be a deep analytical thinker with a mix of the technical and creative project management skills necessary to interpret, to develop and to fine tune One Project process. As a member of the Product team, you will assume responsibility for a team that continues to grow. You will use Asana and Notion and also adapt the first version of a system currently in use so it evolves with the process.
● Plan, coordinate and execute assigned projects.
● Manage team processes to complete projects within allotted timelines.
● Develop and enforce One Project policies and procedures for project management.
● Address project issues and escalate complex issues to leadership.
● Perform day-to-day management of the project team and address any team issues promptly.
● Report project progress, status, and issues if any to executive stakeholders on a regular basis.
● Prepare project documentations and research reports for stakeholder review.
● Work with stakeholders to prepare project plans, budget and schedules.
● Facilitate team meetings to discuss project status and issues.
● Monitor project progress regularly and report the same to stakeholders and leadership
We are looking for One Project team members who approach their work with:
- Ethical concern for issues of social justice, ecological crisis, and the other pressing issues of our times;
- Motivation by both your ethical compass and a bottomless curiosity;
- Clear thinking, communication skills, and a mind open to new ideas and ways of considering the world;
- A high comfort level with ambiguity (our objectives are complex and often hard to apply metrics to) but
capable of driving clarity and action);
- Excitement to engage with all levels and types of work with excellence;
- Curiosity and creativity in problem solving and collaboration;
- Sincere interest and drive to grow in your position and the organization.
Skills the Project Manager must bring to the team are:
- Leadership skills that help you to negotiate the development of large ideas from strong, analytical and
creative minds, ideally able to motivate teams to reach consensus;
- An ability to think ahead because projects are evolving and may require you to anticipate what concrete
steps should come next;
- Writing skills sufficient to document the project development from start to finish, in clear, concise
language. You will work with researchers and writers;
- Familiarity with, or quick aptitude for Notion, GoogleSuite, and Asana for project management;
- Proven record of having taken responsibility for the direction, coordination, implementation, executive,
control and completion of a project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of
- Ability to synthesize complex information on a wide range of topics;
- Ability to visualize the project as a whole to ensure it comes together properly;
- Ability to prioritize and plan to work on multiple parts of the project with different objectives
- Intense attention to detail that helps define, schedule and accurately estimate the task duration to
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment (our goals are constantly evolving and responding to our
learnings in the field)
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- A strong focus on efficiency while being extremely capable of integrating diverse cognitive styles and
- 4 years of experience
- PMI credential, Masters Degree or evidentiary, quantifiable record of success, preferred.
One Project is committed to building a team that reflects the world we live in. Our goal is to build an inclusive
environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. We welcome applicants of any
educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship,
socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. We are a global organization with team members working
remotely across the world.
As a member of One Project you will work in a supportive environment where every idea deserves consideration
and respect. You will also receive a competitive salary and generous benefits including full medical, vision, and
dental insurance coverage.
This is a part-time, contract position for 4-6 months. One Project will accept proposals from individuals and
Please attach your resume, your portfolio, and share your story with us detailing:
● Why this work matters to you
● The skills and experiences that you believe make you a good fit for the position
● How you might impact One Project’s work.
● How you approach your work and how you solve problems.
● One Project is building a team with diverse points of worldviews. What is yours?
Why join our team?
Are you purpose-driven, passionate, committed to collaboration and playing an active role in building a positive future? Join our growing team of social innovators, technologists, scholars, community leaders, organizational development experts, and strategic thinkers to build a world where all life thrives.
One Project is committed to building a team that reflects the world we live in. Our goal is to build an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. We are a global organization with team members working remotely across the world.
As a member of One Project you will work in a supportive environment where every idea deserves consideration and respect. You will also receive a competitive salary and generous benefits including full medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage.